ZZ Top Going Nationwide on New Tour Leg

ZZ Top, our favorite Texas trio, gets underway launching the new North American segment of “The Tonnage Tour” through November for their show down in New Orleans.

The tour includes a couple appearances in the band’s home state with Guns N’ Roses — on September 6 in El Paso and September 8 in San Antonio.

“We’re looking forward to performing in some of our favorite spots says ZZ Top frontman Billy Gibbons. “After four decades, we believe we’re beginning to get the hang of this whole rock and roll thing, so a mighty good time will be enjoyed by all.”

The upcoming leg of ZZ Top’s Tonnage Tour includes 50 shows across the country. The trek got its name from a cover of the Tennessee Ernie Ford hit entitled, “Sixteen Tons” the band played with guitar legend Jeff Beck, which was included on the group’s recent album, Live! Greatest Hits from Around the World.

source: http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/84249/

Share Post :

More Posts

7 Comments

• stacey smith
    August 26, 2017 at 11:48 pm  - Reply

LOVE YOUR MUSIC!!!!! ; SAW Y’ALL IN EVANSVILLE INDIANA MANY YEARS AGO AND I STILL FEEL THE VIBRATIONS ; WISH Y’ALL WOULD COME TO THE NEW FORD CENTER THERE.

• Sandy Westmoreland
    August 27, 2017 at 12:07 am  - Reply

Already got tickets for Tallahassee on 11/8. Can’t hardly wait! Jesus has left Chicago and he’s headed to Tallahassee!

• Bob smith
    August 28, 2017 at 1:43 pm  - Reply

Little. Ole band from. Texas. Seen. Y’all. Charleston. 1974 great show

• Mike
    August 28, 2017 at 3:23 pm  - Reply

I hope they sound better and Dusty gets his guitar fixed. They were terrible Maryhill Winery. I kinda felt bad, but seems to me, with as many years of touring, they would have more than one Bass guitar.

• Jim in MT
    August 28, 2017 at 3:29 pm  - Reply

I don’t see Missoula, Montana on your schedule. And we got a new beautiful outdoor amphitheater for you to play in. Check it out Whacky Kaki!

• Sean
    August 28, 2017 at 6:30 pm  - Reply

Not comming to CHARLOTTE NC.Huge fan base here

• Steve Rowloff
    September 6, 2017 at 9:35 am  - Reply

Give that booking agent a boot in the derriere…you really need to get out in the sticks and rock the woods. Remember the gig in Bark River, Mi. at the Island Resort and Casino??
    You guys sold out two days there….”hit the big time”…like you said (lol) .
    It was a fun time …when the ladies in the casino, after the show wanted me to sign stuff and hug ’em…and wouldn’t believe I wasn’t one of you guys. (lol)
    Hey, I’m still a lifetime member of the original ZZ Top International Fanclub Jo2955Y.
    For as long as ZZ Top is a band, ya know? I guess that is when the old rocker gets so old that he only rocks is when somebody gives his chair a push. Maybe…I could use a push from you young bucks.